About the Department
The Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) leads the NSW public sector to deliver on the NSW Government's commitments and priorities.
We put the people of NSW at the heart of everything we do, to deliver better services, drive government priorities and foster a culture of respect.
We respect Aboriginal peoples as the first peoples and custodians of NSW.
We support the NSW Premier and Ministers by:
- carrying out a coordinated policy, project and reform agenda that boosts the efficiency, productivity and effectiveness of NSW
- partnering with NSW Government agencies, as well as the private, not-for-profit and academic sectors, to ensure that services are delivered on time, within budget and to the community’s expectations
- coordinating the initiatives of Ministers and their agencies to achieve the government’s targets
- managing the passage of government legislation
- supporting the delivery of major projects
- coordinating and planning significant state events
- working with the federal government and other state and territory governments on national reforms.
DPC is made up of five groups
The Strategy and Delivery (S&D) Group is responsible for leading the sector to solve complex problems and create a better NSW for our citizens through:
- Providing trusted, expert and strategic analysis and advice to the Premier across the areas of social policy and human services, infrastructure and complex projects, resources and land use and economic policy
- Informing and driving the economic strategy of NSW
- Bringing together multiple agencies and leading the development of whole-of-government strategy and policy
- Effectively evaluating policies, programs and projects
- Meaningfully participating in and adding value to project governance and delivery
- Delivering projects and programs on behalf of Government where DPC is best-placed to do so.
There are four branches within the group:
- Strategic Coordination
- Commercial Delivery
- Citizen Delivery
The Transformation Group will create a better NSW for our citizens through:
- Positioning NSW to take advantage of big changes affecting citizens, communities, services and places over the long term
- Driving results in the Premier’s Priorities
- Leveraging our partnerships with the Australian and other governments to deliver resources, drive priorities and mitigate risks
- Supporting the Premier and Government to engage with citizens and stakeholders, including through media, visits and events.
There are three branches within the group:
- Shaping Futures
- Partnerships & Engagement
- Premier's Implementation Unit
The Community Engagement Group is responsible for driving better outcomes across government by ensuring culture and diversity remain front and centre in the NSW community and improve the lives for citizens across NSW .
There are five branches within the group:
The Office of the General Counsel develops and implements policy reforms within the Premier’s portfolio, assists with whole-of-government priority reforms, manages DPC’s litigation and external legal services (except employment matters), and provides legal and policy advice to the department. It also supports the operation and coordination of Cabinet and leads the corporate governance function.
The office is made up of:
- Cabinet and Governance Branch – supports Cabinet (including committees and National Cabinet) and leads the department’s corporate governance culture and practice.
- Legal Branch – provides legal advice to the Premier and the department, provides sector leadership on whole-of-government legal issues and supports the Premier and the Special Minister of State on constitutional, integrity and electoral legislation.
Information and Privacy Unit – manages DPC’s compliance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and co-ordinates returns to orders for papers under Standing Order 52 of the Legislative Council.
The People Group consists of five business teams:
- Finance - Deliver strong financial planning, monitoring, analysis and reporting capabilities in DPC and for the Ministry.
- IT - Ensure our people and our business are supported to deliver Cluster objectives by driving the strategic information management & technology function for DPC and the Ministry.
- People and Culture - Lead the strategic human resources function for DPC, implementing workforce planning, learning, diversity and inclusion and workplace safety policies and reforms. Provides high quality HR services to the Ministry.
- Strategic Projects and Performance – Plan and deliver ongoing and time limited strategic projects and change processes to drive Cluster, Department and Group performance improvements.
- Workplaces – Plan and deliver place management and high quality facilities for our people at all locations and the Ministry.
Mr Tim Reardon
Secretary – Department of Premier and Cabinet
Ms Amy Brown
Deputy Secretary, Strategy & Delivery
Ms Kate Foy
Deputy Secretary, Community Engagement
Ms Sarah Cruickshank
Deputy Secretary, Transformation
Ms Samara Dobbins
Chief People Officer
Ms Kate Boyd